Thursday, September 03, 2009

Dining Room Table on Huntington Avenue by Northeastern

Passing westbound on Huntington Avenue at Northeastern University's campus today, I saw a dining room table on the sidewalk.

Sure, it looks like move-in week around Northeastern's campus, so you expect to see furniture scattered all over the place. But I thought it was unusual to see this particular dining room table on Huntington Avenue.

It was the woman in the YouTube video that went viral (1.25 million views to date), filmed last month during a town hall meeting held by Congressman Barney Frank in Dartmouth, MA.

In the video, Rachel Brown -- a member of the [Lyndon] LaRouche Youth Movement -- compared President Barack Obama's health care plans to Adolph Hitler and the Nazis. Congressman Frank didn't tolerate any such language at his meeting, shooting back strong retorts and concluding: "Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it."

While stopped in a car mid-day Thursday at the intersection of Huntington Avenue and Forsyth Street, my wife and I both identified what appeared to be Brown with a group of LaRouchies handing out flyers on the sidewalk. Brown was dressed smartly in a long, patterned dress along with sunglasses.

My wife and I were laughing at our identification, and I was pointing -- yes, that was rude of me -- at Brown, who then turned away from our laughter and wouldn't make additional eye contact. It was clear to me that Brown realized that we had recognized her from the video. Her fellow LaRouchies didn't realize this, however, and walked over, as if to give us some literature.

Sorry, no photo. Didn't have my camera with me. Damn. I hope somebody else made the connection and got a photo. Maybe they'll show up again on Friday?

Yes, the guys from Planet LaRouche had their posters of President Obama wearing a Hitler-style mustache, a tactic that the Anti-Defamation League does not appreciate.

And I'll watch for her outside the Brighton Center post office.

No comments: