Also on the ballot:
- Mayor of Boston, where incumbent Thomas Menino faces three challengers, City Councilors-At-Large Michael Flaherty and Sam Yoon, and developer Kevin McCrea; and
- Four City Councilors-At-Large, where incumbents John Connolly and Stephen Murphy face 13 challengers, with the top eight vote-getters moving on to the November municipal election.
District 9 City Councilor Candidate Information
All four candidates for Allston-Brighton District 9 City Councilor have websites that include positions on some issues:
Second candidates forum (9/17/09 at Elks) is summarized here and tweeted here. Emails discussed here and here. Online video is here (alternatively, the same video content is here).
The Allston-Brighton TAB has covered the candidates in the following stories:
- "District 9 candidates make their plea for your vote" (9/17/09)
- "District 9 Boston City Council Hopefuls Have Housing, Expansion on Their Minds" (7/15/09)
- "Selvig kicks off campaign for Allston-Brighton's City Council seat" (7/2/09)
- "A-B’s district city councilor, Mark Ciommo, could face three challengers" (5/14/09)
Campaign finance reports are summarized here, and individual reports posted at Harry Mattison's blog:
- Selvig, letter, Allston-Brighton TAB, 8/20/09, "Why the 10-year wait for commuter rail service?"
- Ciommo, letter, Allston-Brighton TAB, 5/22/09, "Allston-Brighton's city councilor, Mark Ciommo, supports 5-zone plan for Boston Public Schools"
- Furey, letter, Allston-Brighton TAB, 2/19/09, "Letter: Seeking explanations from Boston College Community Task Force" (co-author: Ram Rao)
- Furey, Op-Ed, Boston Globe, 1/29/09, "BC's mixed blessings" (co-author: Ram Rao)
- Furey, letter, Boston Globe, 1/4/09, "New BC dorm would be in heart of a residential neighborhood"
election2009" tag here at Brighton Centered.
Corrections and/or additions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Image of question mark in Esbjerg by alexanderdrachman provided through a Creative Commons license.