With 95% of precincts reporting city-wide, incumbent Thomas Menino has defeated challenger Michael Flaherty for mayor by a margin of 57-43%.
Incumbents John Connolly and Stephen Murphy, along with challengers Felix G. Arroyo and Ayanna Pressley, have taken the four City Councilor-At-Large seats.
My predictions were surprisingly on-the-mark, getting each candidates' percent of the vote to within 1-2 percentage points -- although Pressley took 4th place stronger over Tito Jackson and Andrew Kenneally than I had predicted.
Who Did Worst Against "None-of-the-Above"?
For those candidates running unopposed, it is instructive to see how many people didn't cast a ballot in their race or voted for a write-in -- together representing the "none-of-the-above" vote. This is one way of gauging which district councilor is least liked in his or her district, or who might be the most vulnerable two years from now:
- District 2: Bill Linehan 60.4%, None-of-the-Above 39.6%
- District 3: Maureen Feeney 66.9%, None-of-the-Above 33.1%
- District 4: Charles Yancey 64.1%, None-of-the-Above 35.9%
- District 5: Rob Consalvo 64.0%, None-of-the-Above 36.0%
- District 6: John Tobin, Jr. 67.6%, None-of-the-Above 32.4%